For the audition process to be fair and equitable, everyone must understand the audition requirements and procedures. If you are new to the process, please take time to review ALL of the audition requirements, procedures, and current revisions.
- Students may use their own copy of the audition materials, or copies provided by their teacher.
- Scoring is based on accuracy of pitch, rhythm, tone quality, articulation, and musicality (see scoring rubric in right side grey navigation boxes).
- Student use of metronomes is not permitted.
Order of audition:
- First Scale
- Second Scale
- First Excerpt
- Second Excerpt
- Sight Reading
- Audrey Ortberg – WMEA Orchestra Vice President
- Centennial Middle School
- 1421 S. Waterford St., Casper, WY 82609
All-State Orchestra 2024 Repertoire:
- Longing for Your Return by Steven Amundson
- Danse Bacchanale by C. Saint-Saëns
- Slavonic Dance No. 8 by Antonin Dvorak
The Guest Conductor for the 2024 All-State Orchestra:
Steven Amundsen, St. Olaf College Emeritus
Click on Instrument name for scales and excerpts: