All-State Auditions for more than one ensemble

Home Forums Band All-State Auditions for more than one ensemble

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    dummycontent
    Participant

(Jeremy Huck) We’d like to discuss the idea of allowing students to audition for vocal and instrumental All-State ensembles, and then if they get into both, they would be allowed to choose which one they prefer. Your thoughts?

I would like to see this happen. In our smaller schools, we have many students who participate in more than one music program and they struggle to decide which ensemble to audition for.

I am all in-if the kids are willing to do the work, they should be able to audition for multiple ensembles, and indicate which they would like to participate in if selected for multiple groups. This should be able to just add a checkbox to the audition registration. I know that other states have allowed this for years. The one caveat I can see is for wind and percussion players-their selection to orchestra winds or band should still be decided by the band VP.

I am very supportive of the idea of letting students audition for more than one ensemble! They can state their preferred ensemble at the time of the audition. “If selected for both the all state band and choir, I would prefer to be in the choir.”

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.