For the audition process to be fair and equitable, everyone must understand the audition requirements and procedures. If you are new to the process, please take time to review ALL of the audition requirements, procedures, and current revisions.
- Students are scored on a number of vocal and musical factors with a maximum possible of 50 (see rubric).
- Students may use their own music or copies provided by their teacher.
- The use of a metronome is not permitted.
- See Audition Materials below.
Audition Order (see complete audition materials below):
- Scale 1 (low)
- Scale 2 (high)
- Vocalise (8-5-3-1-3-5-8-5-3-1)
- Excerpt #1
- Excerpt #2
- Sight Reading
- David Hurst – WMEA Choir Vice President
- Central High School
- 5500 Education Dr., Laramie, WY
2023 All-State Choir Repertoire:
- Sicut locutus est (from Magnificat) by J.S.Bach
- Ave Maria by Javier Bustos
- Love: Then and Still by Susan LaBarr
- Give Me Jesus by L.L. Fleming
- Muie Rendera by C.A. Pinto Fonseca
- Fire by Katrina Gimon
The guest conductor for the 2022 All-State Choir:
Dr. Julie Yu, Kansas State University