- This event has passed.
Rocky Mountain Festival of Voices 2016
November 3, 2016 - November 4, 2016
Attention High School Choir Directors: Bring your students for a jam-packed day full of rehearsals, workshops, and mentorship by UW Music students. The day will culminate in the “UW Choral Collage” – a concert featuring The Collegiate Chorale, Bel Canto and The UW Singing Statesmen, along with festival participants!
Let your spirit soar at the Rocky Mountain Festival of Voices! This year, we are inviting talented prospective music majors to experience an immersion into the collegiate vocal experience. Each student will experience Choral Leadership or Vocal Performance. All students will receive:
- A Choral Collage concert featuring The UW Singing Statesmen with the Men of the Festival, Bel Canto Women’s Choirwith the Women of the Festival, and The Happy Jacks conducted by Dr. Nicole Lamartine and Dr. Holly Dalrymple, and a performance by the UW Collegiate Chorale under the direction of Dr. Nicole Lamartine
- Presentation of the 2016 Outstanding Choral Music Educator Award
- Solo Vocal Coachings and Master Class led by UW Voice Faculty, from which outstanding high school student singers will be selected to perform on the Grand Finale concert. Singers should be prepared to sing solo repertoire (memorized, from the classical art song/folk song traditions). Student soloist names can be submitted electronically through the registration process. This can be a tremendous learning opportunity for your finest singers, as well as all festival attendees.
- Session on preparing for your UW Music Entrance/Scholarship audition/What is a BA, BM, or BMusEd?
- Choral Leadership sessions: musical skills, choral singing, how to run a sectional, conducting, creating choral sound
- Vocal Performance sessions: voice science, diction, breathing
The 2016 Festival of Voices information and registration:
Registration this year is $30/student, and includes lunch and admission to the evening’s Choral Collage Concert.
Director of Choral Activities
Advisor, The UW Happy Jacks
President, NW ACDA
National Board, NCCO