For the audition process to be fair and equitable, everyone must understand the audition requirements and procedures. If you are new to the process, please take time to review ALL of the audition requirements, procedures, and current revisions.
- Students are scored on a number of vocal and musical factors with a maximum possible of 50 (see rubric).
- Students may use their own music or copies provided by their teacher.
- The use of a metronome is not permitted.
- See Audition Materials below.
Audition Order (see complete audition materials below):
- Scale 1 (low)
- Scale 2 (high)
- Vocalise (8-5-3-1-3-5-8-5-3-1)
- Excerpt #1
- Excerpt #2
- Sight Reading
- Donna Solverud – WMEA Choir Vice President
- Laramie High School
- 1710 Boulder Dr., Laramie, WY
2022 All-State Choir Repertoire:
- I Will Be Earth by Gwyneth Walker
- Consecrate the Place and Day by Lloyd Pfautsch
- O Vos Omnes by Pablo Casals
- Sikirileke by Sabelo Mthembu
- Lord Give Me Just a Little More Time by Derrick Fox
- Why I Do Not Weep by Christopher H. Harris
The guest conductor for the 2022 All-State Choir:
Dr. Derrick Fox, University of Nebraska-Omaha