For the audition process to be fair and equitable, everyone must understand the audition requirements and procedures. If you are new to the process, please take time to review ALL of the audition information.
2022 Band Audition Scales Information will be announced Friday, October 22nd:
|Instrument||Scale 1||Scale 2||Instrument||Scale 1||Scale 2|
- Both etudes were composed so that an entire ensemble or small groups can work at the same time.
- Students play all scales by memory.
- No scale sheets or fingering charts permitted while recording.
- Scales are played in the written key (no transposing) as specified on the All-State Scale Sheets.
- Scales will be announced on this page on October 22nd.
- Pay close attention to all metronome markings. Only excerpts and scales performed between +/- 10 beats per minute will have the opportunity to receive full credit.
- Use of a Metronome is not permitted (even on silent) during the audition.
- Pay special attention to dynamics and articulation, as they are important deciding factors.
- See Audition Materials below.
Order of Audition (see audition materials below):
- Chad Rose – WMEA Band Vice President
81 Davis Tee, Sheridan, WY 82801
- (307) 620-2931
The guest conductor of the All-State Band:
Dr. Christopher Cicconi, Towson University
All-State Band Repertoire:
You have the option to download each instrument (scales and etudes), or Etudes ALL , Scales ALL, or ALL instrument Scales and Etudes.
|Bb Clarinet||Baritone Saxophone||Baritone T.C.|
|Etude #1 ALL||Etude #2 ALL||Etude #1 and #2 – Scores||Scales ALL(R)|
The composer created an MP3 of the Piano Accompaniment to Etude #2 so students would have something to rehearse the etude with. The accompaniment will not be used in the audition.
NOTE: Students auditioning on flute who have an interest or ability to play Piccolo, must perform the additional etude as listed on the flute audition.
- 017b_PIANO(Accomp.)_WMEAAll-StateBand ETUDE2_(SetA 2020) MP3 – 1 MB
- 2021 All-State Band Audition – All Instruments PDF – 3 MB
- 2022 All-State Band Audition – Percussion(R) PDF – 347 KB
- Rotation A Scores PDF – 1 MB
- Etude 2 – Rotation A – Complete PDF – 771 KB
- Scales All Instr PDF – 791 KB
- Etude 1 – Rotation A – Complete PDF – 2 MB
- 2022 All-State Band Audition – Tuba PDF – 496 KB
- 2022 All-State Band Audition – Euphonium BC PDF – 515 KB
- 2022 All-State Band Audition – Baritone TC PDF – 508 KB
- 2022 All-State Band Audition – Trombone PDF – 499 KB
- 2021 All-State Band Audition – French Horn PDF – 481 KB
- 2022 All-State Band Audition – Baritone Sax PDF – 226 KB
- 2022 All-State Band Audition – Tenor Sax PDF – 241 KB
- 2022 All-State Band Audition – Alto Sax PDF – 692 KB
- 2022 All-State Band Audition – Bassoon PDF – 509 KB
- 2022 All-State Band Audition – Oboe PDF – 509 KB