For the audition process to be fair and equitable, everyone must understand the audition requirements and procedures. If you are new to the process, please take time to review ALL of the audition requirements, procedures, and current revisions.
- Students are scored on a number of vocal and musical factors with a maximum possible of 50 (see rubric).
- Students may use their own music or copies provided by their teacher.
- The use of a metronome is not permitted.
- See Audition Materials below.
Audition Order (see complete audition materials below):
- Scale 1 (low)
- Scale 2 (high)
- Vocalise (1-3-5-8-7-5-4-2-1)
- Excerpt #1
- Excerpt #2
- Leah Hoblit – WMEA Choir Vice President
- Buffalo High School
- 29891 Old Highway 87, Buffalo, WY 82834
2021 All-State Choir Repertoire:
- Sanakam Saskanam by Eriks Esenvalds
- Veni Sancte Spiritus W.A. Mozart
- I Will Be Earth by Gwyneth Walker
- Your Soul Is Song by Jake Runestad
- Vindo by Reinis Sejans
- I Shall Wear a Crown by Whitfield, arr. Trey McLaughlin
- Kwela Traditional Sotho and Zulu Songs, arr. University of Pretoria Youth choir
The guest conductor for the 2021 All-State Choir:
Dr. Angela Kasper, Western Washington University