For the audition process to be fair and equitable, everyone must understand the audition requirements and procedures. If you are new to the process, please take time to review ALL of the audition requirements, procedures, and current revisions.
- Students may use their own copy of the audition materials, or copies provided by their teacher.
- Scoring is based on accuracy of pitch, rhythm, tone quality, articulation, and musicality (see scoring rubric in right side grey navigation boxes).
- Student use of metronomes is not permitted.
Order of audition:
- First Scale
- Second Scale
- First Excerpt
- Second Excerpt
- Sarah McCoy – WMEA Orchestra Vice President
- Alta Vista Elementary
- 1514 E 16th, Cheyenne, WY 82001
All-State Orchestra 2021 Repertoire:
- Spring Festival Overture by Li Huanzhi
- Open the Door by Gwyneth Walker
- Nimrod from Enigma Variations by Sir Edward Elgar
- Russian Sailors Dance by Reinhold Gliere
The Guest Conductor for the 2020 All-State Orchestra:
Dr. Michael Griffith, University of Wyoming
Click on Instrument name for scales and excerpts: