All-State Music Honor Groups
January 17-19, 2021, Laramie High School, Laramie
The Wyoming High School Activities Association and the Wyoming Music Educators Association are pleased to provide a high quality rehearsal and performance opportunity for students through All-State Honor Band, Orchestra, and Choir.
IN RESPONSE TO COVID-19, SOME THINGS HAVE CHANGED. PLEASE READ CAREFULLY.
*** NEW FOR THE 2021 AUDITIONS***
Music Teachers will record their own students.
We will NOT be using Recording Sites for the 20-21 school year, only.
Click Here for: REGISTRATION INFORMATION
Click Here for: RECORDING INSTRUCTIONS
1. To audition for All-State honor groups, students must:
- Be in grades 9-12 only.
- Apply through the appropriate school music teacher.
- Be enrolled in a school group corresponding to the All-State group for which they apply unless an appropriate group does not exist.
- Be a member school of WHSAA (including home schools).
- Audition for one group only.
- Be enrolled both at the time of application AND at the time of the All-State event.
- Meet WHSAA eligibility requirements for state events.
- Be chosen by recorded auditions.
2. Audition Procedures and Instructions:
- Audition applications and the materials will be available on the WMEA website on Tuesday, September 1st.
- Each student must complete an ONLINE REGISTRATION.
- Registration closes Monday, October 12, 11:59:59 PM. No registrations are accepted after the registration window closes.
- New to All-State Registration? Click here: ALL-STATE REGISTRATION INSTRUCTIONS
- The Executive Director will send the pre-registration notifications to directors on October 5th and 9th.
- Each school will receive an invoice and payment instructions from WMEA on October 14, 2020.
- Check, or PO’s payable to WYOMING MUSIC EDUCATORS ASSOCIATION.
- ALL payments or proof of payments must be made by October 26th through our web portal https://wyomea.org/all-state-auditionspayment/
- Fees must be paid by group or school (i.e. one payment for Rawlins Schools, or one payment for Sheridan Choir).
- Payment may be in the form of a school voucher, purchase order, money order, or credit card.
- Checks may be accepted in advance of the October 26 deadline. No cash or student checks.
- All registered applicant fees, including scratches, are paid in advance.
- If paying by purchase order or voucher, have a scanned copy ready for upload.
- Vice Presidents will make selections for the All-State Honor Groups and provide a detailed list to WHSAA.
- Directors will receive an informational email of their student results on November 30.
- The WHSAA will release the official roster for the honor ensembles on December 1, via online posting at www.whsaa.org.
5. Audition Recording Specific Information:
- Each student must supply their own wind instruments, audition materials, and anything else needed for the audition.
- Percussion needs will be coordinated by their director.
- METRONOMES ARE NOT ALLOWED.
- All recordings must be uploaded within the specified recording window (see below).
- It is the teacher’s responsibility to disqualify any student who violates the integrity of the audition process.
- Click here: ALL-STATE RECORDING INSTRUCTIONS.
4. Audition Dates:
- Audition uploads may occur anytime from October 26th through November 7th. (Middle of week 17 to the end of week 18 on the WHSAA calendar)