For the audition process to be fair and equitable, everyone must understand the audition requirements and procedures. If you are new to the process, please take time to review the audition requirements, procedures, and current revisions as listed in the WHSAA Handbook, page 87.
- Both etudes were composed so that an entire ensemble or small groups can work at the same time (percussion separate).
- Students play all scales by memory. No scale sheets or fingering charts permitted in the audition room.
- Scales are played in the written key (no transposing). Play the octave(s) written on the Wyoming All-State Scale Sheets.
- Pay close attention to all metronome markings. Only excerpts and scales performed between +/- 10 beats per minute will have the opportunity to receive full credit.
- NO use of metronomes by students during the audition (even on silent).
- Pay special attention to dynamics and articulation, as they are important deciding factors.
- Students will have thirty seconds to review the sight-reading. They may play aloud during this time.
- Students wishing to audition for piccolo must play the supplemental etude at the end of the flute audition.
- See Audition Materials below.
Order of Audition (see audition materials below):
- Zach Tolman – WMEA Band Vice President
- 1306 Fir St., Riverton, WY 82501
- (cell) 307-851-4416
The guest conductor will be Dr. John Locke.
You have the option to download each instrument (scales and etudes), or Etudes ALL and Scales ALL.
|Alto Saxophone||Bassoon||Horn in F||Trumpet
|Baritone Saxophone||Euphonium||Tenor Saxophone||Tuba|
|Bass Clarinet||Flute/Pic**||Percussion**||Band Scales ALL|
|Etude #1 ALL**||Etude #2 ALL||Etude #1 and #2 – Scores|
**PLEASE BE SURE YOU ARE USING THE REVISED VERSION OF THE FLUTE/PIC AND REVISED2 VERSION OF THE PERCUSSION ETUDES (Snare and Timpani)
BAND SCALES: Remember these are WRITTEN keys NOT concert keys:
- Wyoming All-State Etude #1 REV2 PDF – 1 MB
- Wyoming All-State PercussionREV2 PDF – 1 MB
- Wyoming All-State Etude #1 Score REV PDF – 339 KB
- Wyoming All-State Flute:Pic PDF – 318 KB
- Wyoming All-State Flute PDF – 318 KB
- Wyoming All-State Etude #1 and #2 Score PDF – 643 KB
- Wyoming All-State Etude #2 PDF – 780 KB
- Wyoming All-State Scales PDF – 1 MB
- Wyoming All-State Bass Clarinet PDF – 267 KB
- Wyoming All-State Tuba PDF – 255 KB
- Wyoming All-State Tenor Saxophone PDF – 252 KB
- Wyoming All-State Euphonium PDF – 254 KB
- Wyoming All-State Baritone Saxophone PDF – 252 KB
- Wyoming All-State Trombone PDF – 253 KB
- Wyoming All-State Oboe PDF – 249 KB
- Wyoming All-State Clarinet in Bb PDF – 267 KB
- Wyoming All-State Baritone T.C. PDF – 249 KB
- Wyoming All-State Trumpet in Bb PDF – 254 KB
- Wyoming All-State French Horn PDF – 249 KB
- Wyoming All-State Bassoon PDF – 262 KB
- Wyoming All-State Alto Saxophone PDF – 254 KB