For the audition process to be fair and equitable, everyone must understand the audition requirements and procedures. If you are new to the process, please take time to review the audition requirements, procedures, and current revisions as listed in the WHSAA handbook, page 87.
- Students are scored on a number of vocal and musical factors with a maximum possible of 52 (see rubric).
- Students may use their own music or copies provided on site.
- Students have 30 seconds to prepare sight reading and may practice aloud during that time.
- See Audition Materials below.
Audition Order (see complete audition materials below):
- Voice Part and Student ID#
- Scale 1 (low)
- Scale 2 (high)
- Chromatic Vocalise (1-3-5-8-7-5-4-2-1)
- Excerpt #1
- Excerpt #2
- Sight singing (samples included in packet)
- Anne Schatz – WMEA Choir Vice President
- Burns Jr/Sr High School, 524 E 4th, Burns, WY 82053
- email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
- WK 307-245-4100; Cell 307-752-2221
2019 All-State Choir Repertoire:
- Wana Baraka, Shawn Kirchner
- Verleih Uns Frieden, Felix Mendelssohn
- The Music of Stillness, Elaine Hagenberg
- Stomp on the Fire, Andrea Ramsey
- Daniel, Daniel, Servant of the Lord, Undine Moore
- As I Have Loved You, Andrea Ramsey
The guest conductor will be Dr. Andrea Ramsey, composer and international guest conductor from Boulder, CO.
- 2019 Choir Audition PDF – 1 MB